eShield - Radiant Barrier+Attic Insulation - Eshield
eShield - Radiant Barrier+Attic Insulation
eShield-Radiant Barrier is insulation for Hawaii’s climate. This state-of-the-art attic insulation reflects 93 percent of all radiant heat transfer, or heat from the sun, cooling your attic by as much as 40 degrees. It’s like having a shade over your home! During the day, the Sun warms our homes through Solar Radiation. This is the process by which the Sun’s light is transferred into heat. Fortunately, preventing attic and home heat can be as simple as using eShield reflective insulation to slow the entry of heat into the attic and home. How eShield Reflective Insulation Works In the same way that the air in a closed car left in direct sunlight will be much hotter than the surrounding air, the enclosed space of an attic when the roof is struck by direct sunlight will also be much hotter than the air around it. As air is warmed,it will also expand. Without adequate venting for expanding air to escape, this hot air will tend to push down into the home making the house even hotter. As an example, in many two story homes the upstairs is typically hotter than the ground floor. eShield made with two layers of reflective foil and an insulating fiberglass core, is superior reflective insulation for new-home construction and retrofitting an existing home. In hot climates eShield is much more effective at preventing heat gain than thermal insulation. When properly installed and vented eShield is:
- Energy Star Rated
- Reflects up to 93% of Solar Radiation
- Can lower attic temperatures by up to 40 degrees
- Addresses all three forms of heat, Radiation, Convection & Conduction
- Has an insulation value of R11.6
- Has a Superior Class 1 Fire Rating
- Micropores allow moisture escape
- Bird and rodent resistant
- Easy to install Lightweight rolls
- No itchy fibers-Materials are encapsulated
- Manufactured in the USA
This is amazing, my house is so much cooler. I’m trying to tell my neighbors how well this works & that this is the real deal!”Roli R, Temple Valley
I was at work when it was installed, but when I stepped into the home afterwards I noticed an immediate difference in temperature. Ewa is hot during the day, but the reflective insulation kept the heat out of the home until the air cooled down. When the Whole House Fans were switched on, I had a cool breeze being drawn into the bedrooms from the fairways. My system has worked so well!”Lani A, Ewa Beach
Federal Tax CreditsEven without credits, insulation is still a great value and highly effective in cooling most homes. For current credits see Energy Star on Tax Credits. Past tax credits and incentives that were available for the installation of eShield .
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, was signed on Feb 17, 2009, increasing many of the tax credits.
- The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 extended tax credits for qualifying energy efficient home improvements through 2009.
- The Energy Tax Incentives Act of 2005 Section 25C allows for tax credits on energy upgrades including insulation products when purchased in 2006 or 2007.